What we do
We support managers and team leaders in creating and sustaining high performing teams and mentor them as they develop their own expertise. In the process we untangle targets, measures and incentives to ensure they stimulate the right kind of behaviour, and we develop approaches to performance and talent management that align with your culture and strategy.
Where a team is struggling to realise it's potential we diagnose where the breakages are (it's often about trust or the lack of it) and then help a team restore it. We also act as informal arbitration within a team or between teams where a relationship has truly disintegrated and become toxic.
We support skills and behavioural development for teams or individuals and have particular expertise in working with Sales Teams and those who lead them.
We help accelerate new teams too. Just labelling a collective of people as a "Team" on an org. chart does not a team make! A great deal of time, energy, and trust can be utterly wasted without early and precise action designed to transform a loose coalition of people into a truly effective team.
Teams also do more than Storm, Form, Norm and Perform - they are complex entities with ever changing dynamics and how they are brought together, inspired, guided, recognised, and even disbanded is really important.
Untangled in action
To bring to life the effect of Teams Untangled, here are some real recent examples of our work with clients.
- Design and delivery of a Leadership development programme involving workshops, action-learning, coaching and surgery sessions for a Board and Executive Managers.
- Design and delivery of a Management Development programme for Partners and Managers.
- Assessment and on-going support of an under-performing team and their manager, to tranform their ways of working together and significantly enhance their results.
- Design and implementation of recruitment and on-boarding processes to improve retention and accelerate new starters' integration into well-established teams.
- Supporting a team of long-serving and experienced people integrate a cohort of talented but inexperienced Millenials into their departments to ensure everyone flourished (and no one got hurt!)
- Arbitration within an under-performing team to resolve long-standing trust issues that were destroying morale and results.
- Training in solution-based selling for a Healthcare Sales Team providing high value capital goods to the NHS.
- Training in PowerPoint-free story telling and facilitation skills for a team of global consultants.
- Coaching and support of an entire business division in the throes of rapid and unsettling strategic and structural change during a merger.
coaching / mentoring / consulting / training
LIFE IS DEAF
Leadership, ponytails and walking on water21 March 2019
The gym: remember it?...
True2 developed a good manager into an exceptional people person with all round communication skills.
It is really hard to describe what Lynne does. Lynne would say she just asks questions - I would say she performs magic.
Director of Campus Services, Royal Holloway University
Why has it been successful? - Lynne is undoubtedly a skilled trainer who knows her profession, but there are many others who do as well - what makes her different is her ability to rapidly build relationships, her willingness to think outside of the box and the fact she is also a very insightful individual who challenges the status quo and will not let those that she is working with 'off the hook'. In my view the success of any training and leadership development is not the material, this is a given, it is the individual that delivers it, and this is the success story.
Jonathan Coles. HR Director, Philips
Lynne's ability to tailor learning to both the business objectives and the audience has ensured that our people leave with new frameworks, skills and a wider breadth of thinking; all of which can be applied immediately and have instant impact on our business.
Rob Turner, Managing Director, Kinetic Solutions
I thought the session was really engaging - loved that it wasn't death-by-PowerPoint, and really enjoyed the interactive aspects. Really interesting topics covered that made me think so differently about the way I converse with customers; including aspects that I wasn't expecting from the session, but that actually made me think much more.
Fuji Film Service and Support Team Member